[Linux-aus] technology alphabet

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Fri Jul 25 14:39:48 EST 2008

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008, Bret Busby wrote:

> Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 14:56:08 +0800 (WST)
> From: Bret Busby <bret at busby.net>
> To: linux-aus <linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au>
> Subject: Re: [Linux-aus] technology alphabet
>
> On Tue, 22 Jul 2008, Brenda Aynsley wrote:
>
>> Mobile:+61(0) 412 662 988 || Skype: callto://baynsley
>>

> You pay for Skype (proprietary, commercial thingy...)?
>
> Wot about Ekiga (Open Source, I think, and, a package in Debian 4.0);
> http://www.ekiga.org/ , http://packages.debian.org/etch/ekiga .
>
> :)
>
> --
> Bret Busby
> Armadale
> West Australia

Resending the above message, which apparently got eaten by some
mysterious Internet ether dwelling entity.

Out of interest, I think that, perhaps, the use of Ekiga, for Linux
Australia committee meetings, could be investigated, so as to minimise
the cost of participating in metings, and, could encourage more
participation in the committee, from over here in the Wild West (and,
possibly, encourage more interest in having state/territory
representation on the committee, if people can attend meetings using
videoconferencing - with Linux-based software (!), rather than having to
suffer the inconvenience (in both time and money, and travel) of having
to attend physical meetings).

--
Bret Busby
Armadale