[Linux-aus] Grant Application: Partial Akademy speaker travel

Ben Martin monkeyiq at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 23 18:42:24 EST 2008

Sorry to those on the list who get this message & see the thread again,
but because the 2 week discussion period is coming to an end on the 16th
I thought I'd stimulate any discussion (or support ;) that might happen
about the application now rather than after the 2 weeks is over.

As I applied last year for funding in order to present at OLS, I imagine
that many of the folks who would comment have already done so in
response to my original attempt for travel assistance. The issues are
largely the same, and the rationale for me attending, and the possible
benefit to the community. The benefits this time around extend to closer
collaboration at the idea and RDF level between libferris and KDE4
technologies.

Thanks to those who voiced support for my past application :). At the
end of the day, last time the application was rejected because it was a
lot of money for full support and it was not seen that there was a
benefit to the Linux Australia community commensurate with that outlay.

This time around I am only seeking a small fraction of the overall cost
which might help the application succeed.