[Linux-aus] If you could ask Microsoft a question...

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Sun Jan 13 08:39:04 UTC 2008

Sridhar,

There's really only one benchmark that matters here, and it applies to all
speakers at SLUG anyway: "Will your be presentation be about Open Source?",
and I know the committee would rationally apply this benchmark regardless of
who the presenter might be.

If they're prepared to come in good faith to talk about Open Source (and yes
naysayers, they do have quite a bit to talk about!), then rock on. Pity that
Sam won't be there -- hopefully someone else from their Open Source team can
be, as opposed to the local non-tech randoms and product evangelists usually
doing this kind of stuff.

Those who don't feel comfortable with it, and would prefer that we do not
engage at all, can find somewhere else to play with themselves instead. :-)

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
GNOME.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia http://live.gnome.org/Melbourne2008

     "Do they speak English in 'What'?" - Jules Winnfield, Pulp Fiction