[Linux-aus] [Osia-discuss] Re: If you could ask Microsoft a question, what would it be?

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Sun Jan 13 01:10:21 UTC 2008

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008, "Brent Wallis" <brent.wallis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Jan 12, 2008 10:47 PM, Sridhar Dhanapalan <sridhar at dhanapalan.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 12 Jan 2008, "Brent Wallis" <brent.wallis at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > K...so they asked to come along or did someone invite them?
> >
> > They offered, and we treated them with even more scepticism and
> > conditions than we would an offer from anyone else.
> >
> > > The big 2 questions I have in my head is "why" this MS visit, and,
> > > what the SLUG and MS want to get out of it.
> >
> > Those questions are key. I have added them to the wiki page[1].
>
> Excellent....but I would like to suggest that it is very important
> that MS state their reasons for attendance _before_ the event.

They are attending to discuss the MS-Novell deal (it's been about a year since
it was announced) and their activities regarding interoperability (including
SMB, OOXML and virtualisation) and open source.

It'll be mostly a Q&A session, so we can ask them whatever we like and watch
them squirm ;)

--
"I fully admit that there are some major problems in the Windows OS" - Eric
Traut, Microsoft engineer, October 2007