[Linux-aus] Article about Make The Move

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Sun Jan 13 00:34:00 UTC 2008

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008, Chris Smart <chris at kororaa.org> wrote:
> "http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/01/makethemovenet.h
>tml"
>
> The author and people in the comment thread make some good points,
> especially about people not caring about FOSS - they just want to use
> their pc better; and two, me not knowing what I'm talking about.
>
> If I get around to updating the site, I think there are some valuable
> changes that can be made.

The article reflects what I've been thinking for some time: we need too be
more user-centric.

I've got a guide written at http://www.linux.org.au/linux . It's only
half-done, and I long ago realised that it needs some serious restructuring
to improve readability and relevance to the reader. Unfortunately it's on
my 'when I get the time' list, but comments and suggestions are welcome. I've
already got a ream of notes that I need to incorporate into it.

--
		Mac OS, Windows, BeOS: they're all just Xerox copies.