[Linux-aus] Videoing LUG Talks

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Fri Feb 8 13:40:31 UTC 2008

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Anthony Towns <aj at azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 08:08:13AM +1100, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> > This 'gossip' is merely a symptom of an unclear policy. If it had been
> > made unambiguous in the first place, there would have been no room for
> > misunderstanding/confusion.
> >
> > I'm not interested in finger pointing.
>
> Well, do be aware that when you blame the policy being ambiguous or
> unclear, you're pointing fingers at the people setting the policy.

See it as me filing a bug report. Do you take offence when someone files a bug
report against your code?

Seriously, we all need to stop being so defensive and get to work on fixing
the bug. It seems to me like mistakes/misunderstandings may have been made on
all sides. Myself included.

All I have done is raise an issue that I felt was not known by the LA
Committee and mirror team.

> I know we had a similar thing at the AGM about LA handling insurance
> for SLUG -- not I've had a chance to actually look, afaics the only
> communication from anyone SLUG-related I've seen related to that was a
> private IRC message from John Ferlito looking for Terry's phone number
> in mid-December; nothing on any lists or in my inbox. If you want good
> communication it's still important to ask.

I won't delve into that one, but I will say that we have been trying for quite
some time to get this issue resolved.

--
"It is rather ironic that Microsoft and other closed model companies rather
resemble the Stalinist or Maoist model of a command economy with complete