[Linux-aus] OSOTA and Paypal on LA

Chris Fordham chris at xhost.com.au
Thu Aug 21 15:38:08 EST 2008

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:09:00 +1000, James Purser
<james at jamespurser.com.au> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 20:42 +1000, Chris Fordham wrote:
>> > I think it'd be great to have - and since James has the enthusiasm,
>> it's
>> > up to him as to what he does.
>> In purity I wouldn't want to see a linux group use something like this
>> at
>> all as its not really inline with linux/gpl values but if you need
>> money,
>> begging is always an option.
>
> I'm a little confused, do you disapprove of the use of Paypal, or the
> concept of allowing people to easily donate to Linux Australia?

Against Paypal for sure.
I do understand that there are no non-commercial gateways out there.
Does that mean we should accept monies via commercial entities? who knows
Like I said, happy to help, just voicing my $0.02.

Can I ask why we are asking for money/donations?