[Linux-aus] Software Freedom Day CDs from Linux Australia

Jonathan Oxer jon at oxer.com.au
Fri Aug 15 11:56:54 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 22:05 +1000, Paul Wayper wrote:
> Linux Australia has approved the funding of $5,000 for printing Open Disc CDs
> to be distributed to Software Freedom Day groups in Australia.
...and...
> What I need is for Software Freedom Day groups in Australia to contact me on
> this email address or on my numbers (w) 02 6229 8026, (h) 02 6251 5257 or (m)
> 0422 392 081.  I would like an approximate number of CDs that they would like
> to get and a postal address to receive the CDs.

I just wanted to say a big public thankyou to Paul for getting this
going, as well as everyone else who has pitched in (I think Donna had
something to do with it, and my apologies to anyone else who has helped
and I'm not aware of it). It's a very cool little project and Paul has
done a lot of legwork putting it all together and following up with
arranging shipping to different teams around Australia. Another case of
the initiative of one or two people providing benefit to many, as is the
Open Source way.

Thanks Paul!

Cheers    :-)
--