[Linux-aus] LA constitution/election/terms/ctte/handover change proposal

Nathan Bailey Nathan.Bailey at its.monash.edu
Fri Aug 8 08:44:55 EST 2008

+1

I think Terry and Jonathan's comments indicate the voice of wisdom/
experience, ie. that we should put forward these items as separate,
distinct proposals to be voted upon. This will allow us to enact part
of the proposal (hopefully still successfully) if other parts are not
supported. In particular, as Terry says, I think the most critical
part is longer and overlapping terms of appointment.

FWIW, I think we should start with two year terms. I perceive that LCA
council membership is a big commitment and people may shy away (or be
burnt out) from three year terms. If we start with two, we can see
whether longer is required/attractive.

re,