[Linux-aus] linux.conf.au 2010 bid schedule

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Fri Aug 1 10:17:58 EST 2008

Hi All!

With linux.conf.au 2009 in Hobart rapidly approaching, believe it or not
but it's time to look at where 2010 will be. It's a lot of work to put
on a linux.conf.au (just ask anybody who's done it) and it's in common
agreement that it takes "more than a year", which is why we're talking
about 2010 now.

We don't plan to publicly announce 2010 until the 2009 conference (both
to ensure 2009 gets full attention and for added suspense), but when the
decision has been reached we will notify the teams.

Here is the bid schedule for linux.conf.au 2010:

Call for bids: Now!

Bid document deadline 1: August 29th

LA Provides feedback on bid document 1: September 5th

The purpose of a feedback cycle is to allow the teams to answer any
extra questions, polish up the bid documents in any way they see fit, or
based on feedback.

Final bid documents: September 19th

Shortly after that, we'll notify the teams.

So what's in a bid document?

You certainly should read the LCA HOWTO over at:
http://wiki.linux.org.au/Ctte/LCA_HOWTO

Addressing as many points in the HOWTO as possible is a good way to show
that you and your team are prepared to host a linux.conf.au. Asking
previous organisers, asking on list, asking the council all can help
too.

Happy bidding!
--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)