[Linux-aus] Downhill slide to Australia 2020 Summit weekend

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Mon Apr 14 08:08:50 UTC 2008

Hi Marco,

Representing OSIA I attended the Foundations of Open 2020 Local Summit
in Canberra convened by ACT Senator Kate Lundy.

Other attendees included Christopher Yeoh and Rusty Russell.
Tridge, Pia and Jeff Waugh actually presented.

All participants were invited to make formal submissions to the 2020
summit, and a summary submission of the whole day was put together by
Senator Lundy's staff in conjunction with Tom Worthington who also
helped organise the local summit.

Video, copies of presentations and speakers 2020 submissions are all
online.

Submissions arising out of the forum:

Presenters and Participants:
http://www.katelundy.info/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=109&Itemid=34

Videos and presentations
http://tomw.net.au/moodle/mod/resource/index.php?id=9

Tridge
http://rait.anu.edu.au/FOO/SMALL/06-AndrewTridgell.mp4

I'll copy my submission to my blog now.

cheers
Donna

--
Donna Benjamin
Director - Open Source Industry Australia http://osia.net.au

"Open Source is arguably the most significant movement in the software
world of the past decade. Its impact is both pervasive and disruptive,
and the importance of Open Source solutions to government and business
organisations of all sizes continues to grow."
                     Prof. Bob Williamson, Scientific Director, NICTA