[Linux-aus] Downhill slide to Australia 2020 Summit weekend

Marco Ostini m.ostini at uq.edu.au
Mon Apr 14 07:25:24 UTC 2008

Greetings everyone,

The Australia Youth Summit was held this weekend past, and next weekend the
'Grown Up' Australia 2020 Summit is due to be held in Canberra.

Back in February James Purser and I mentioned the importance of the
Australia 2020 Summit, and that it was a valuable and unique opportunity
for the LA community to have direct input into the government policy making
process.

The Australia 2020 Summit is not meant to be a gab fest, but in a sense an
attempt to wiki-ise a portion of Government policy, and give Australians
the opportunity to suggest the changes they deem necessary. Ordinary
Australians could nominate themselves to attend, and make submissions on
any of the Summit topic.

The Summit Topics are worth reading in detail:

	http://www.australia2020.gov.au/topics/index.cfm

So I have two questions to the LA list:

    1) Was any of the LA members successful in their nominations to attend?

    2) Did any LA members make submissions before they closed last week?

For the reference of the community here's my five submissions. I intended
to make a submission on all 10 of the summit topics, but ran out of time
due to personal commitments. My submissions are from my head and heart, so
naturally include FOSS.

	http://wiki.linux.org.au/Ctte/MarcoAu2020

How did other LA members go?

Cheers,