[Linux-aus] mel8ourne.org broken?

Peter Lieverdink me at cafuego.net
Sun Sep 2 10:44:05 UTC 2007

*hic* yeah i wossname... t.. tr.. tripped! thazzit! over the *hic*
thingie. cable. cable? yeah cable.

DNS is back up, mail is back up, lists are back up, web is partially
back up. Unexplained (possibly) hardware failures suck.

- P.

Steve Walsh wrote:
> Hi Simon
>
> Thanks for the heads up. We knew about it this morning, but after giving
> the DC monkeys a chance to earn their Bananas, option 3 in Plan B was
> selected by the ctte and the draft Request for Comment was raised for
> the Technical Sub-committee to action. This then lead to the Mandatory
> 30 second cooling off period, and then we moved onto the "washing the
> coffee cups" stage.
>
> Long story short, Steps Have Been Taken, and now we're just waiting for
> the intertubes to update. Depending on the ISP you're with, it's either
> working now, or it'll be up again soon.
>
> On another note, Proposals for the recently added "Get Peter Lieverdink
> Drunk" Papers stream are being accepted. Anything proposals involving
> South Gin and wheelbarrows will be favorably looked up.
>
> Regards
>
> Steve Walsh
> Your Friendly Neighbourhood LCA08 Networking Guy.
>
> Simon Lyall wrote:
>> The mel8ourne.org domain appears to not be working very well. I think this
>> is due to ns.creativecontingencies.com being offline.
>>
>> Just thought I'd post in case people who can fix this are not aware of the
>> problem (all my contacts for them seem to be @mel8ourne.org or @cc.com.au )

Peter Lieverdink   counter.li.org #108200   -37.807478, 144.94465
0x969F3F57   9662 1CB5 8E54 450D 2E12 9D7E 580E 2519 969F 3F57
2.6.20-16-generic #2 SMP Thu Jun 7 19:00:28 UTC 2007 x86_64 GNU/Linux