[Linux-aus] linux.conf.au 2008: Registrations Open

Leon Brooks LinuxAus leon-linuxaus at cyberknights.com.au
Mon Oct 22 21:29:15 UTC 2007

On Monday 22 October 2007 20:32:10 Bret Busby wrote:
> I suppose it is a bit like writing web sites so that they are
> only accessible using Internet Explorer - it may suit the
> objectives of whoever owns the web site (such as some
> international airlines, who appear to have the attitude "If
> you don't use Microsoft Windows, then we don't want you
> to fly with us, as flying with us is only as safe and reliable
> as using Microsoft Windows), but, it does not facilitate, and
> is not conducive to, communication, due to restricting
> access.

Funny, that message works perfectly in KMail, Evolution & every
other mail client installed on this machine (Ubuntu Feisty on
a klunky old Celeron).

It's looking close to certain that you're not using a MIME-compliant
email client -- & MIME is not exactly a copywrong-protected secret
of the Redmond Conspiracy.

Visit http://shipit.ubuntu.com/ to ask nicely, & they'll snail-
mail you a free ISO which both operates as a LiveCD (so you
can try it) & installs a comprehensive suite of email clients
that I can demonstrate working with every LA list message
this month.

Cheers; Leon