[Linux-aus] [plug] Open Source WA Symposium, 4th Oct (fwd)

Jonathan Oxer jon at ivt.com.au
Wed Oct 3 16:32:05 UTC 2007

Hi Bret,

> Pity that the WA state government is apparently trying to turn open
> source computing in the state, into "secret government business".
>
> Why the WA DIR and the WASP did not each contact PLUG and Linux
> Australia for input and involvement, is not yet known.

Thanks for pointing out the event, Bret. I'm just happy to see them
organising something - no point worrying about why LA wasn't consulted!
The more FOSS-related events the better. I've just sent off a message to
the event organiser introducing Linux Australia in case they weren't
aware of us previously.

If anyone happens to be going along to the Symposium I'd be very
interested to hear a report.

Cheers    :-)
--
Jonathan Oxer