[Linux-aus] Bids for linux.conf.au 2009 host city

Clinton Roy clinton.roy at gmail.com
Thu May 31 10:01:12 UTC 2007

On 5/31/07, James Purser <purserj at k-sit.com> wrote:
> Okay people, where are those bids or expressions of interest?

Brisbane has quite a fairly advanced bid underway. We've got a very
keen and excited venue sponsor and accommodation worked out. Most
importantly we've got a chief stress bunny that has done a tonne of
work already, a great core team of people which includes a mix of lca
organising experience and fresh new blood for sacrifice.

We're all keen to build on the strengths of the previous conferences,
but we're also keen to make things "just work" and to be able to get
out of the way and let the conference do it's magic.

I'm not the official PR person of our group, and I'm definitely not
the best with flowery words, but we're keen and focused up here :)

cheers,
--
Clinton Roy
CSIRO - Robotics Platform Engineer