[Linux-aus] An Open Letter to the Open Source Community

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue May 22 15:41:16 UTC 2007

On Tue, 22 May 2007, Melissa Draper wrote:

> Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 16:25:45 +1000
> From: Melissa Draper <melissa at meldraweb.com>
> Subject: [Linux-aus] An Open Letter to the Open Source Community
>
> Dear users, developers and other contributors of Open Source,
>
> I write this letter as a contributor of Ubuntu, and as a member of the
> Ubuntu Women project.
>
> As a Woman and an Open Source contributor, I see a number of behaviours
> within the Open Source community that are quite counterproductive to the
> community. Many of these behaviours often go unnoticed, and this is a shame.
>
> These counterproductive behaviours of which I write, may seem
> common-place to many people, and they may even be humorous to some.

Perhpas it may have been helpful to have included a description, or some
other indication, of the "behaviours" of which you complain.

It is one thing to say "there is something rotten in the state of
Denmark", but it is more useful to say what is it.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

  you'll know what the answer means."