[Linux-aus] LA member services / multi-tiered membership

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Mon May 21 04:01:23 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 12:07 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Companies interested in supporting FLOSS in Australia should
> (in most cases) have an interest in the local Open Source industry,
> which is represented by OSIA. Companies who are more interested in
> supporting the community directly can always sponsor linux.conf.au,
> and there is always an opportunity for OSIA to sponsor Linux Australia
> (or its activities) should it have funds available for that purpose.
> So: Linux Australia -> users and developers, OSIA -> companies.

Agreed.  And I'd like to see more formal collaboration between Linux
Australia and OSIA.  There's lots of informal collaboration because most
of our members come from the same communities. There have been instances
of formal collaboration - eg the copyright campaign.

It was fantastic being side-by-side at CeBIT -  as we were able to point
out how the organisations compliment each other whilst working together
for FOSS in Australia.

I should note however that OSIA isn't in a position to be able to
sponsor Linux Australia.

cheers
Donna

--