[Linux-aus] The Great Debate 28 May 2007 - Linux vs Windows

Mark Phillips mark.phillips at automatedtestsystems.com.au
Sat May 12 07:17:01 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-05-12 at 15:31 +0930, Brenda Aynsley wrote:

<snip>

> If any of you want to demonstrate your anti-ACS sentiments then by all
> means do so, but please do it on the basis of the ACS today and not
> notions or experiences of last century.
>
> cheers
> brenda

Well, No!

My decision to not join the ACS was based on experiences of the last
century. Nice way of putting it. :-)

I have not seen anything since then that would suggest I should
reconsider let alone change my opinion. I'm sorry if it offends but I do
not consider the ACS to be at all relevant to me, professionally or as
an organisation that should be asked to represent the views of computer
science in Australia.

And yes I do belong to a professional organisation, it's just not the
ACS.

Mark Phillips