[Linux-aus] LA ctte f2f meeting report

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Thu May 10 21:12:40 UTC 2007

Hi all,

As some of you know, the Linux Australia committee had a face to face
meeting in Melbourne a few weeks ago to freshen our perspectives, get
prepared for LA activities this year and to also move forward on the long
term planning for LA. It was a great meeting and we covered a lot of ground.
The minutes are available at:

    http://wiki.linux.org.au/Ctte/MeetingNotes20070415

We'd certainly appreciate feedback.

Jon has a few things to send through to linux-aus soon including some
proposed constitutional ammendments for LA to have more flexibility in its
membership model and to better define the role of the committee amongst
other ideas.

We're going to make sure we are reporting here about LA activities more
often. My question for you all is how do you see LA in the future? Hopefully
not sponsoring cars in overseas races ;) We currently have a number of
sub-committees (http://linux.org.au/About/Sub-Committees) so check them out
and see how you might help out, or perhaps you have a fantastic idea that
could be done as an LA project? Propose your own sub-ctte :)

For me, Linux Australia has always been about:

    1) bringing the community together
    2) supporting our community
    3) strength in numbers
    4) achieving great things for FOSS in Australia!
    5) ensuring the community voice is heard

Linux Australia is a great tool for our entire community, so the more people
that get involved, the stronger it is.

Oh, and great work by James Purser on the new website! There is still some
work to do, so please be patient and post your feedback here. We already
know about the jobs page and the membership page and are working on them
now.

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

   "The future is here. It's just not widely distributed yet." - William
                                   Gibson