[Linux-aus] The Great Debate 28 May 2007 - Linux vs Windows

Brent Wallis brent.wallis at gmail.com
Thu May 10 05:42:49 UTC 2007

Hi,

On 5/10/07, Paul Wayper <paul.wayper at anu.edu.au> wrote:

> >><quote who="Pia Waugh">
> >>>
> >>               ^ Grr. My FLOSS work is FIERCELY commercial! :-)

Agreed ours as well!

> > how come the ACS can not get their heads around the concept of
> > "using the right tool for the job"?

They can't.... It is against their vested interests.

> In reality, the topic really should be:
>
> Microsoft vs the commercial and open-source software industries.
>
> So whoever set this topic clearly has a very biased agenda.

I could not agree more. It is similar to framing questions that are
meant to illicit a "wanted" response in marketing surveys.

eg: MS would never participate in a debate that proposed a question like:
Can Microsofts business model survive the Open Source Revolution?

IMHO this debate could be a subtle form of astroturfing and the
Squiz.net guys are very brave to participate.

Rgds
BW