[Linux-aus] The Great Debate 28 May 2007 - Linux vs Windows

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Thu May 10 04:53:31 UTC 2007

Kim Hawtin wrote:
> On 5/10/07, Jeff Waugh <jdub at perkypants.org> wrote:
>> <quote who="Pia Waugh">
>>> Microsoft & Commercial Software VS Linux & the Open Source World
>>               ^ Grr. My FLOSS work is FIERCELY commercial! :-)
>
> how come the ACS can not get their heads around the concept of
> "using the right tool for the job"?
>
> nor do ACS memebers seem to be able to comprehend that
> commercial software developers can and do release open source software.

then go educate them kim just like we educate every other ignorant
person and organisation.  It just takes time to get the message across.
  Intellectually ACS members will know what FOSS is but they, like the
vast majority of the world, knows nothing more than that.

cheers
brenda

ps I am an acs member and I get it, so too do many others so its not a
lost cause.

--
Brenda Aynsley, FACS, PCP
Director Oz Business Partners http://www.ozbusinesspartners.com/