[Linux-aus] melbourne education expo

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Mon May 7 02:57:34 UTC 2007

On Sat, 5 May 2007, Donna Benjamin <donna at cc.com.au> wrote:
> With the crazy success of CeBIT behind us, I wonder if Linux Australia
> should consider taking a stand at the education show in Melbourne?
>
> http://www.educationshow.com.au/exhibit.html
>
> 14-15 August, Melbourne Exhibition Centre
> Victoria Australia

As an active participant at the LA stand at the 2006 Education Expo in Sydney,
I wholeheartedly support this. Last year, we were by far the most popular
stand. I have found that parents and educators are very receptive to the
principles of sharing and freedom that are so intrinsic to FOSS. Not to
mention that FOSS is perfect for cash-strapped schools and families.

CeBIT was great, but education is where the real action and fun is :)

--
Bring choice back to your computer.
http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net