[Linux-aus] melbourne education expo

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Mon May 7 02:26:56 UTC 2007

<quote who="Donna Benjamin">

> With the crazy success of CeBIT behind us, I wonder if Linux Australia
> should consider taking a stand at the education show in Melbourne?
>
> http://www.educationshow.com.au/exhibit.html
>
> 14-15 August, Melbourne Exhibition Centre
> Victoria Australia

SLUG/LA presence at the Education Expo in Sydney has been extremely cool for
outreach and promotional purposes. From the website, it sounds like the Melb
show will have a similarly wide audience profile, so I'd strongly support LA
involvement. Some reports from previous years:

 2005: http://lists.linux.org.au/archives/linux-aus/2005-May/msg00065.html
 2006: http://lists.linux.org.au/archives/linux-aus/2006-June/msg00174.html

The Sydney expo is coming up in June, so we'll be able to share more success
stories and strategies leading up to the Melbourne show.

Education trade shows are a high-value, high-touch, high-quality audience,
crucial target market promotional opportunity for Aussie freedom lovers. If
you want to have a real, valuable impact on FLOSS education to a very broad
audience, get involved!

- Jeff

--
OSCON 2007: Portland OR, USA        http://conferences.oreillynet.com/oscon/

      "Are you XFire's crazy girlfriend? And if so, shine on you crazy
                          diamond!" - Paul Cameron