[Linux-aus] Kathy Sierra, to stop blogging 'cause of death threats etc

Ambrose Andrews ambrose at vrvl.net
Tue Mar 27 12:02:20 UTC 2007

On 27/03/07, Robyn M <rob_39 at bigpond.com> wrote:
> This came through Linuxchix
>
> Kathy Sierra, author of the Creating Passion Users blog, posted today
> that she's going to stop blogging, maybe for a while, maybe forever.
> The reason is because some people have crossed the line from offering
> immature criticism to making death threats and suggesting sexual
> violence.
>
> Can we send Kathy an email of support from Aussies.
>
> Regards
>
> Robyn

Yeah hopefully an enormous (public) show of support can be had.

That'd be a practical act of pushing against some really nasty,
chilling, and destructive cultural trends, for everyones benefit.

  -AA.

--
Ambrose Andrews
LPO box 8274 ANU Canberra ACT 2601 Australia
mailto:ambrose at vrvl.net
home:+61_262305976
work:+61_261256749
mobile:+61_415544621
irc:{undernet|freenode|oftc}:znalo
xmpp:ambrose at jabber.fsfe.org
sip:znalo at ekiga.net
CE38 8B79 C0A7 DF4A 4F54  E352 2647 19A1 DB3B F823
556A 6D19 0904 827C 9DB8  3697 32D0 1E11 403F 2BE1