[Linux-aus] Sofware Freedom Day - September 15

Paul Shirren shirro at shirro.com
Fri Jun 29 00:42:48 UTC 2007

Donna Benjamin wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 22:21 +1000, Pia Waugh wrote:
>
>> This is why I think Software Freedom Day is such a great opportunity for
>> LUGs to garner pulic support and new members at least once a year. It
>> provides a point of focus for LUG members to work towards and a way to
>> attract new members by going out into the public eye, and involving schools,
>> unis and the like.
>>     http://softwarefreedomday.org/
>
> Speaking of SFD07...

Speaking of SFD, I was thinking of doing something but am concerned
about available time and resources and finding helpers.

Like many regional areas we have a Field Day which is like what city
folk call an Expo except it has lots of tractors and has a touch of
country fair thrown in.

Ours happens to be in September (about a week after SFD) and goes for 2
days and practically everyone and their kids go there. There are
education exhibits, telcos and ISPs, govt depts etc.

Anyone have suggestions to how I might approach something like that with
limited peaople and budget but still manage to impress?