[Linux-aus] Server to donate to another LUG - DarLUG is no more.

Anthony Hornby ahornby at darlug.org
Thu Jun 28 03:22:51 UTC 2007

Hi John,
Thanks for the comments. In the end it got down to just me doing everything, hardly anyone participating / wanting to do anything and I have a busy job now that I am still learning + a 16 month old daughter, and family has to come first. I just don't have the time and resources to build DarLUG back up on my own from here.

The remaining interested former members are looking into an informal get-together once a month or something like that as a possible way to get interest going again. The formal LUG is dead and the server is no more, but as you rightly pointed out there are still benefits to be had networking with peers locally.

And we all still use, support and advocate for open source in our own workplaces :-)

We'll see what eventuates, whatever it is, it needs to be fun and informal for now.

As to the server - let me know what the LA team decide.

Regards Anthony.