[Linux-aus] Fwd: Use of Penguin Image on Instant Scratchie Tickets.

James Purser purserj at k-sit.com
Tue Jun 19 11:20:35 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 20:51 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> I offer the caution because sometimes - just sometimes - a good old mailing
> list whinge actually spurs action in the real world. It would be unfortunate
> if this company were drenched in bile and invective from the community for
> making a mistake (particularly if it were done by a third party). *If* they
> or (a contractor) did it knowingly, bile and invective is still unlikely to
> be the best approach.
>
> - Jeff

I'll second this. This community can sometimes be too quick to lighting
the fire before getting the other side of the story, which invariably
causes bad blood within the community or with outsiders.

A polite letter is probably the way to go and see how it goes from
there. Also I would be checking with larry, just to see what his opinion
is on the whole issue.
--
James Purser
Ordinary Committee Member