[Linux-aus] Fwd: Use of Penguin Image on Instant Scratchie Tickets.

Brent Wallis brent.wallis at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 08:15:24 UTC 2007

Hi,

On 6/19/07, Jeff Waugh <jdub at perkypants.org> wrote:
> <quote who="Brent Wallis">
>
> > My understanding of GPL2 and 3 indicates they are designed to almost
> > "force" attribution for prior work.
>
> That's absolutely false. Go back and read about the four clause BSD screw
> up, and the latest mess around "commercial Open Source" MPL + Attribution
> licenses.

Ok so yourself and Jon are at odds here. Perhaps you could reread the
statements I made:

IMHO:
GPL2 | GPL 3 != BSD | MPL.

> > Why should we accept the opposite to this when it comes to the logo?
>
> Dude, Larry specified his terms. If he has a problem with it, as copyright
> owner, then *he alone* can do something useful about it. Yelling at people
> as a third party non-copyright holder won't solve the problem, nor will it
> be a good representation of our community.

Have I been mis-communicating here? (....my pathetic spelling/grammar aside..;-)
Point taken as to the creators wishes...but I do not believe this has
anything to do with his desires and or "coolness".

No where have I advocated "shouting" , nor have I promoted "in your
face confrontation".
No where have I made a statement that would indicate that I want to
carry a flag on behalf of a copyright holder.