[Linux-aus] Education expo this weekend - Sydney

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Mon Jun 18 10:57:11 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Just a short reminder that there will be a Linux Australia stand at the
enormous Education Expo (http://edexpo.info/) this weekend in Sydney. The
event draws over 10000 people from students, parents, teachers and loads of
schools. It is a great opportunity to take FLOSS to the people and hopefully
encourage more students into our world :)

Many thanks to all that have already volunteered to help out (a proper thank
you will happen after the event) and to Linux Australia for funding the
booth. Also we have giveaways donated by Red Hat, Canonical, Everything
Linux and some large(ish) penguins for sale. Craige McWhirter has generously
offered two computers for demo machines for the kids to play on. We always
have a _lot_ of interest at this event, and last year had people coming up
asking because they'd heard about us from the previous year which is
exciting. The booths around us complained because we were getting all the
attention ;)

For anyone in the Sydney area, it is a pretty interesting event,
particularly if you have kids from K-12, so if you come along, make sure you
drop by the booth :)

If anyone else wants to help out, please drop me an email.

Rock on for getting more FLOSS into education! :)

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

    "We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be
                            free." - Bill Hicks