[Linux-aus] LA membership system back online

Jonathan Oxer jon at ivt.com.au
Fri Jun 15 01:13:12 UTC 2007

Hi LAers,

After the disaster with our old primary server (Digital) going AWOL
early in the year our trusty admin team have been busily working on
revamped LA infrastructure. One of the major puzzle pieces that was lost
along with Digital was our MemberDB installation, meaning that nobody
has been able to apply for (or modify) LA membership in that time.

Fortunately none of our actual membership data was lost because it was
being automatically backed up, encrypted and distributed to multiple
locations right up until the time Digital went off the air. And thanks
to Stewart Smith's efforts we now have a functional installation of
MemberDB on the new LA site and all the backed-up data has been
restored.

There's no link to it in the site navigation yet (that'll appear any
time now) but MemberDB can now be accessed once again at:

http://www.linux.org.au/membership/

Thanks Stewart!

Cheers  :-)
--