[Linux-aus] Grant proposal - Transport for Melissa Draper to speak at CLUG in June

Jonathan Oxer jon at ivt.com.au
Tue Jun 5 22:52:41 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 09:47 +1000, Paul Wayper wrote:
> Date: 28th June 2007
>
> Project Name: Melissa Draper to speak at CLUG meeting in June 2007
> The total cost of rail fares from Albury to Canberra return, leaving on
> the 28th of June and returning on the 29th of June, amount to $69.96.

Speaking only for myself I think we'd be crazy not to do this. With such
a small cost compared to the potential benefit it's a no-brainer. In
fact if this gets knocked back as a grant request I'll just pay for it
myself to make sure it can happen, but as AJ has pointed out I think LA
should do this even just as a low-cost experiment / proof-of-concept
exercise for getting speakers to LUGs.

Oh, and thanks to both Paul and Melissa for their commitment. Compared
to the effort they have/will put in a mere $70 contribution from LA is
pretty trivial.

Just my unofficial 2.2c.

Cheers   :-)
--