[Linux-aus] Conference of LUG Representatives and our New Themes Idea

James Purser purserj at k-sit.com
Tue Jun 5 08:55:49 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 18:53 +1000, ben at geonetrix.com.au wrote:
> Is the conference of LUGs being held as part of LinuxConf or is it
> being held separately (and when/where)?
>
> I like the idea of having "themes" for each conference but maybe some
> form of agenda would be good to ensure that its focussed - and that if
> any particular LUG had something they wanted to discuss specifically
> that may not be part of the theme they could put it on the agenda
> (this is similar to how many summits, etc do things - there's a main
> "theme" (often not even formally stated) with a more specific agenda).
> Just a thought.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ben.

Well the idea was to hold it as a seperate event sometime in the middle
of the year. linux.conf.au is pretty well full when it comes to things
to do.

Also it helps to concentrate our theming around key events such as a
Conference of LUGs, Software Freedom Day and linux.conf.au
--
James Purser
Ordinary Committee Member