[Linux-aus] Draft grant proposal - women in open source 'tour'

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Fri Jun 1 07:22:05 UTC 2007

<quote who="Paul Wayper">

> They certainly won't see any value in attending if everyone either talks
> to their friends exclusively or stares at the newcomer, the talks are
> aimed primarily at people who have already been in the FOSS scene for
> years, and no other women are attending.

Looks like you've identified a problem worth fixing that has nothing to do
with the gender mix of the CLUG audience, but may just have an impact on it.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia        http://lca2008.linux.org.au/

    "From my observation, when it comes to porting Linux to a particular
           device, a point doesn't appear to be necessary." - mpt