[Linux-aus] Re: A/V recordings and publishing

> Any editing should be avoided for a conference such as LCA. It just
> creates headaches and post-processing time requirements that go beyond
> those available to volunteers.

Precisely, which is why the separate provision of slides is IMHO the way to
go.  Of course this requires that you can get the slides, but this really
does seem to be the only feasible way in the context we're discussing.

> BTW: the bad setup in Mat-A with speaker on one side and slides on the
> other will even give a seasoned a/v engineer headaches!

Oh yeah!  As someone who does a fair number of single-camera multichannel
audio shoots (which in my case involves a lot of post for audio mixdown and
slide integration) I can confirm this.  Mat-A would not have been an easy
one to do no matter what your experience level.  At the end of the day
though you work with the geometry you're presented with and do the best you
can (which you guys did very well indeed). :)

Regards
  jonathan