Re: [Linux-aus] In the news today (second life & Linux/FOSS)

On 1/30/07, Marco Ostini <m.ostini@uq.edu.au> wrote:
Hi James, et al,

Here are some sobering numbers to consider regarding the rapid growth of
Second Life, and I'm sure it's a motive for many corporations and
organisations getting involved.

At this moment, there are in Second Life;

Total Residents:        3,068,521
Logged In Last 60 Days:         1,014,117
Online Now:     19,535
US$ Spent Last 24h:     $1,024,708
LindeX Activity Last 24h:       $182,375

Something else to consider:

earlier last week that number (total residents) was hovering around 2,700,000ish until a special was shown on german television...  almost overnight there were 200k registrations from that region.

ABC's Four Corners is doing a documentary on secondlife now - interviewing ppl over the coming weeks on SL and what has been going on in Australia in this field.

It might not be too late to get Linux Australia a small segment in there? A "here's our intentions" kinda thing if not "here's what we've done"