[Linux-aus] Large Press Offering in today's Age.

Hello Everyone,

I have long been an advocate for trying to get positive stories into
the press relating to FOSS. Whilst I try / try again to do this with
my own client stories, like everyone else, I often have trouble
getting clients to "out" themselves...

.... just want to point out that the article on Open Office in the Age today was outstanding.

To all that were involved (I am assuming Linux Australia or OSIA?) you
deserve congrats...

Buying that sort of exposure as advertising is very expensive...and to
get a story like that in just before the consumer launch of MS Office
is a great coup (be it deliberate or not.. doesn;t matter....)....

Someone has managed to convince a major newspaper that a story about
the alternatives to MS, just before they launch a new line (that would
jiggle the expectations of one of their biggest advertisers) would be
a good idea.

Take a bow!

BW
PS: Can't see the article online anywhere..:-( Does anyone have a link?