[Linux-aus] Grant Request: Thousand Parsec AI Competition Prizes...

Hello,

As you most probably all know by now, my project Thousand Parsec is
running an AI programming competition. (You can find more details about
the competition here http://www.thousandparsec.net/tp/comp.php .)

As in any competition, you need prizes to give to the winners. I have
put a small amount of money for these prizes (my budget for prizes is ~
$800 AUD). Being a full time student I'm unable to provide the prizes I
think winners who fulfils the requirements deserve. I was wondering if
Linux Australia would be willing to match the cash prizes and to provide
some extra swag (approximately doubling the prize pool).

The two main developers of the project are Australian and New Zealandian
and are are both full time students.

Some advantages I see to Linux Australia and it's community are as
follows,
 - Promotion of LA on the Thousand Parsec AI competition site
 - Promote growth in a very important area of OSS (See my 5 minute rant
at the Gaming Miniconf about why this is important :)
 - Promote growth of an predominately Australian/New Zealand OSS project
 - Stop complaining about never getting grant requests ;)

I understand that this grant request may not fit what LA wishes to do
with it's grant program. I figured, however, it can't hurt to ask.

On another note, if any other company/person wishes to sponsor the
competition please feel free to contact me.

I would also welcome thoughts on the competition and if it is a good way
to both promote the project and obtain a much needed AI.

Thanks for your time.

Tim Ansell