Re: [Linux-aus] linux.conf.au Possible *Future* Programme Format

Hi Kylie,

<quote who="Kylie Willison">

> > > 5 days of conference with miniconferences running on all of these days.
> > > 3 miniconfs on the Monday & Tuesday, 3 on Wednesday & Thursday and some
> > > on Friday or Open Day on Friday.  Often there are several miniconfs I'd
> > > like to attend all on at the same time.  Does anyone else find this?
> > > Could the above suggestion be workable?  Has this been discussed before?

Part of what we've done for lca2007 to help with this is have all the
miniconfs with the same schedule and we'll be showing all the miniconf
schedules side by side on friday so people can easily move between miniconfs
seamlessly. This should help.

> > Wouldn't you still, inevitably, get clashes? Wouldn't this make it
> > slightly more worse in that you may get major clashes with the main
> > conference programme?

I totally agree with David that you get clashes at any rate, so we may as
well have all the miniconfs on the first two days and keep it clean :)

> There's been discussion on the list about changing the conference and
> changing Linux Aus, incorporating other conferences in with lca etc.

I think it is useful when strong miniconfs spin out, but incorporating lca
with another conf is not a good idea when it is already hard to fit
everything in and it already sells out :)

Renaming the conf may make sense, but that's another thread :)

Bring it up with Melbourne, but I don't think changing the format makes
sense. Remember, the education miniconf as cool and interesting as it is, it
isn't the core focus group of the conference.

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

        "There is no darkness but ignorance." - William Shakespeare