Re: [Linux-aus] New name for linux.conf.au in 2007

Ummm I have to agree that a bid should be mounted for
linux.conf.Maralinga for 3009.

Maralinga solves two of the perennial problems with ease,

1) a site, the old disused barracks and homes used in the tests, very
likely vacant and thus cheap rental, and

2) over the last few years with the designated three colours needed for
the conference t-shirts we are running out of suitable colour
combinations. Admittedly I liked NZ's the best but then I am partial to
black t-shirts anyway. So a suitable colour for the main attendee
t-shirts for Maralinga would be fluorescent glow in the dark green. The
bid team leaders and heloers could have that amazing bright blue that
comes from deacaying meat.  The Bid Team leaders could then add a
mushroom cloud.

This bid is looking more and more realistic, especially when compared to
Broomes's last bid.

Mark