Re: [Linux-aus] Nominations and their spiels for the LA election

On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 11:52 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> There was an attempt a while back to create a forum for LUG leaders to work
> together and interact with the LA committee. It was in the form of a mailing
> list at that time, but could be something else. I would far prefer something
> like that to swelling the committee with geographical representatives. Do we
> need geographical *representation* to pursue LA's goals (ie. the community's
> goals) or do we need better *communication*? I'd suggest the latter.
>
> - Jeff

Well on the communication front, we are already implementing a monthly
chat with LUG representatives through the LA Ctte teleconf. This has
been quite successful so far and it has become a regular feature, I look
forward to more of it.

There is an argument for putting together "A Council Of LUGs", if
nothing else but to help the various groups talk to each other and share
ideas and so on. As Jeff mentioned, there is already a mailing list
which is always a good start to these sorts of things.

--
James Purser
Ordinary Committee Member