Re: [Linux-aus] Nominations and their spiels for the LA election

<quote who="Christopher Yeoh">

> If there are problems with not having sufficently geographic diverse
> representation on the committee, then what about changing things in the
> future to allow LUGs (say with minimum size and regular meeting
> qualifications) to be have the right to internally vote for a
> representative on the LA committee (eg additional reserved spots - maybe
> only for those areas/LUGs where there aren't existing reps)?

There was an attempt a while back to create a forum for LUG leaders to work
together and interact with the LA committee. It was in the form of a mailing
list at that time, but could be something else. I would far prefer something
like that to swelling the committee with geographical representatives. Do we
need geographical *representation* to pursue LA's goals (ie. the community's
goals) or do we need better *communication*? I'd suggest the latter.

- Jeff

                             He's not an idiot.
                            The doctor said so.