[Linux-aus] Re: A/V recordings and publishing

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 20:42:15 UTC 2007

I'll be you anything that if you hand out all the LCA equipment to
LUGs now, you will never be able to get it back and in good condition
in time for LCA 08. Not everyone will be able to use the gear
appropriately. Parts get lost or break. We even had one full set of
replacement parts for LCA this year and we did need some of that! Just
use the video gear heavily for a specific event, such as a barcamp out
in the wild, and you'll see it deteriorate. It's not so much the
quality of the original equipment but rather its usage.

I'm not trying to paint everyone black here, but life has taught me
some lessons.

Cheers,
Silvia.