[Linux-aus] Vista for lawyers

Jonathan Oxer jon at ivt.com.au
Tue Jan 30 07:16:02 UTC 2007

Hi LA,

A few days ago Dan Shearer (Linux Australia member now living in
Scotland) told me about a talk he did for the Scottish Society for
Computers about the implications of Vista licencing. The handout for his
talk included some very interesting points so I asked him to put it
online for reference. Definitely worth a look if you're in a position of
advising clients on issues relating to upgrades to Vista: there's some
nice ammunition in there to support switching to an alternative instead.
The crunch point is basically that for companies with contracts such as
non-disclosure agreements already in place it may actually be a direct
breach of those agreements to consent to the Vista licencing terms.

http://shearer.org/VistaForLawyers

Cheers   :-)
--
Jonathan Oxer