[Linux-aus] Nominations and their spiels for the LA election

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Wed Jan 10 09:28:03 UTC 2007

<quote who="James Purser">

> On a practical note, depending on how many people we get wanting to join
> in these teleconfs, it might be easier to hold the meetings via irc.
> Personally I find it easier to follow multiple irc conversations than
> spoken ones. And that despite having three kids.

IRC meetings are long and low-bandwidth. Don't run a social organisation on
a socially broken technology platform. :-)

- Jeff

--
Open CeBIT 2007: Sydney, Australia              http://www.opencebit.com.au/

   "You know, the crunchy, folk-singer part of me wants to believe that a
     performance is a dialogue, but I can't hear a fucking thing you're
                          saying." - Ani DiFranco