[Linux-aus] Nominations and their spiels for the LA election

James Purser purserj at k-sit.com
Wed Jan 10 09:22:04 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 01:15 +0000, Stewart Smith wrote:
> As Jeff says, there was an attempt - and it didn't really work out...
>
> I also think that geographical representation on ctte would be flawed at
> best.
>
> Perhaps a LUG Advisory Board (LAB) that chats with LA ctte at various
> points (maybe every 2 or 3 months) to discuss various things?
>
> I think the regular dial-ins from LUG people to the LA ctte conf call
> have been great, but perhaps doing it all en-masse will get larger
> participation and cross group communication going.
>
> thougths?

On a practical note, depending on how many people we get wanting to join
in these teleconfs, it might be easier to hold the meetings via irc.
Personally I find it easier to follow multiple irc conversations than
spoken ones. And that despite having three kids.
--
James Purser
Ordinary Committee Member