[Linux-aus] Nominations and their spiels for the LA election

James Purser purserj at k-sit.com
Fri Jan 5 14:16:04 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 11:18 +1100, Paul Wayper wrote:
> I know the coffee fundraiser didn't do so well the first time - more due
> to announcement and timing issues on my part than anything else.  But
> I'd be happy to run other ones, at whatever frequency and distribution
> people would like.  I suspect quarterly or thirdly (i.e. every three or
> four months) would be enough.
>
> We had $368 in coffee orders, $228 of which goes to Kaldi and $140 goes
> to Linux Australia.  As a fundraiser it's small change compared to what
> Kaldi regularly does - they've told me of fundraisers which made over
> $1000 for the organisation.  In total we had around ten people order 16
> bags of coffee - eight people were from within Canberra and five from
> within CLUG.  I'm not happy with this response, and want to generate
> more interest in it next time.
>
> Have fun,
>
> Paul

Hey every little bit counts.

Paul, while you may not have been happy with the result, you've started
something that could take off in a big way.

I'm going to suggest to anyone who's interested in helping out with
fundraising, whether as part of the official committee or as helping
hands, and is going to LCA, perhaps we should get a Fund Raising
"Hallway meeting" or similar going.
--
James Purser
Ordinary Committee Member