[Linux-aus] Re: [clug] Re: MtM - companies using foss? - updated

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Wed Feb 28 07:15:11 UTC 2007

Melissa Draper wrote:
> [snip]
> We (Linux/Unix) are on the same team anyway, right?

Good question. I think that depends on the situation. I can't speak for
everyone, but in my opinion I'm sure Linux users would prefer for
someone to use BSD over Windows, but would probably prefer them to use
Linux over BSD. So if we're talking about users getting off Windows and
onto open source, then maybe we would support switching to BSD and open
source in general. Then again, Mac OSX is BSD and I don't consider this
an open source operating system worthy to switch people to in regards to
freedom. Better than Windows? Sure. Better than Linux, not in my opinion ;)

Cheers,
Chris