[Linux-aus] Re: A/V recordings and publishing

Matthew Wilcox matthew at wil.cx
Tue Feb 6 20:38:09 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 08:47:27AM +1000, Russell Stuart wrote:
> The other problem seems to be getting both the speaker
> and the slides in the picture.  In some theatres the
> speaker stood on one side of the room and the projector
> screen was on the other making the cameraman's job
> dammed near impossible.

I'm just watching my own talk (wednesday/210.ogg) now to see what I
could do better.

Something that occured to me is that the camera operator might have been
able to do a better job if I'd given them a copy of my slides in advance
and warned them that there were some fun transitions that they should be
sure to capture.

Would any camera operator care to comment?

BTW, http://lca2007.linux.org.au/Programme is an Immutable page for my
user, so I can't update it to add a link to my video like some of the
other slots have.  Anyone with the patience and privilege able to do that?