[Linux-aus] Re: A/V recordings and publishing

Matthew Wilcox matthew at wil.cx
Thu Feb 1 06:43:02 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 11:33:46AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Mary Gardiner">
>
> > As an audience member I really really like having the speaker repeat the
> > question, mostly for this reason and also because since they nearly always
> > paraphrase it, so you can hear what question they are *actually* going to
> > answer (not always the same one that was asked!)
>
> ... and avoid the whole "statement as question" selfishness! Perhaps we can
> pass along a gong to future organising teams, so this kind of thing can be
> dealt with precision and, uh, spite. ;-)

Thanks for dealing with that so ... thoroughly when it came up during
the ask-the-speakers session.  If Mel8ourne chooses to have that session
again, can we discuss a better format for it?  There were a couple of
questions I wanted to answer, but couldn't get a microphone in time.

Actually, one of them was Mary's question about what it would take to
get us to Melbourne next year.  I was going to answer "You had me at
'hello'".